Trusted to Protect Over
User Accounts Every Month
Liveness Detection & Face Authentication Software
Certified Anti-Spoofing & $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program
World’s Best 3D Face Matcher: 1/12.8M FAR @ <1% FRR
Universal Liveness, ID Matching
& Age Estimation for +10 Billion Smart Devices & Webcams.
Ends Identity Theft.
UnSharable, UnPhishable & Virtually Spoof-Proof.
Patented ZoOm-in FaceScan™ Creates a 3D FaceMap™ with a 2-Second Video-Selfie.
FaceTec Anchors Digital Identity
Certified Liveness For KYC Onboarding + 3D Face Matching for Ongoing Authentication
FaceTec proves the Correct User is physically present by Matching them to their ID Photo or 3D FaceMap.
for Real Users
The intuitive ZoOm interface makes Certified Liveness Detection and 3D Face Matching fast, easy, and incredibly secure for everyone, regardless of their device. During onboarding, FaceTec’s two-second video-selfie verifies Liveness, matches the user’s 3D FaceMap to their Photo ID, and sets up their new account. Every time they return, FaceTec’s ongoing authentication again proves Liveness and compares their new 3D FaceMap to the one enrolled. If they match they get instant access, no password required!
for Bad Actors
Login from any smartphone, tablet, PC or Laptop, and unlock everything from your car door to your bank account. Real users gain access easily, but bad actors, bots and hackers are rebuffed by Level 1&2 Anti-Spoofing Certified by NIST/iBeta. FaceTec is the Face Authentication market leader and provides more security, portability, and convenience than any other biometric.
For all modern
smart devices & webcams
Certified Liveness Detection
in 2 Seconds
Works in real-world lighting conditions
Great with Glasses, Makeup & Beards
#1 IN THE WORLD
Can a Simple Selfie Really Provide Security?
Obviously, selfies are easy to take. But the real question is, can they provide effective access security? Typically they can’t. But FaceTec’s patented process isn’t just a selfie; it’s a 3D FaceScan with a Certified Liveness Check and a 3D FaceMap to ensure the user is physically present, preventing masks, dolls, photos, or video deepfakes from fooling the system.
The Liveness Detection algorithms must observe so many concurrent human traits that spoof artifacts are unable to recreate them all at once. FaceTec’s 3D Face Matching then compares the user to their previously-enrolled 3D FaceMap, and if the two FaceMaps highly match (1/12.8M+ FAR), the verified user is granted access.
Skeptical? $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program
FaceTec’s Encrypted 3D FaceScans & FaceMaps:
- Can’t Be Phished From Users
- Aren’t a Biometric Honeypot
- Stop Credential Sharing
- Stop Botnet Attacks
- 1:1 Matching at 1/12.8M FAR
- 1:N De-duplication at 1/128M FAR
- Match 1/500,000 FAR to a Photo ID
- Provide Anonymous Age Checks
Want To Learn More?
No Recent Liveness Data = No Honeypot Risk
Two types of data are required for every face authentication: Face Data for matching, and Liveness Data to prove the Face Data was collected from a live, present person. Liveness Data must be timestamped, be valid only for a few minutes, and then deleted. New Liveness Data must be collected for every subsequent authentication attempt.
Face photos are just “face data” without any corresponding Liveness Data, so they cannot be used to spoof Certified Liveness Detection. Consequently, storing photos does not create honeypot risk. Think of the stored Face Data as the lock, the User’s newly collected Face Data as a One-Time-Use key, and the Liveness Data as proof that key has never been used in the lock before.
HOW FaceTec WORKS
During the user session, the camera’s view of the 3D face changes, observing perspective distortion and proving it is 3D. In under two seconds, FaceTec’s Device SDK processes 100+ video frames and reverse engineers a 3D FaceMap from the standard 2D camera.
Certified Liveness Detection
Over the last five years, we dove more deeply into anti-spoofing than anyone – ever. We have performed hundreds-of-millions of spoof attempts with every conceivable type of media and learned how to stop them. Learn more: www.Liveness.com
Attack Vectors include:
- 2D paper photos & digital images
- High resolution videos
- Image swap-in after liveness check
- Paper masks with eye & mouth cutouts
- Hollywood masks, wax figures & lifelike dolls
- Photos or video frames animated into avatars
- Video projections on 3D heads
- Sleeping users with closed eyes
- Impostors, lookalikes & doppelgangers
Operating a $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program and passing NIST/NVLAP Lab Level 1 & 2 PAD testing with 0% FAR is proof that FaceTec is an unsharable, unphishable biometric that is virtually impossible for criminals to fool using today’s media technology.
Biometric Best Practices
- Demand Certified 3D Liveness Detection. Without it, you cannot trust unsupervised authentications and will be put at risk by “Suprema” type biometric data breaches. With Certified Liveness, data breaches can’t be leveraged against your users. Whitepaper
- Delete Liveness Data after each login and collect new Liveness Data for every new session. This prevents biometric honeypots and allows for safe, centralized biometric storage. See www.Liveness.com
- Centralized Biometric storage with server-side 3D Face Matching is the only way to truly replace passwords, enable cross-platform logins, simplify device upgrades, and allow multiple devices and users.
- Only true 3D Algorithms can be unbiased to skin tone. And to prove that, FaceTec trained it’s 3D Algorithms with the help of over half-a-million volunteer testers from 170+ countries.
- Get the Forrester Report: The State Of Facial Recognition For Authentication And Verification
2D vs. 3D
2D Face Recognition will never provide the accuracy needed for Face Authentication. There is too much variability and overlapping similarity in human faces to achieve a high enough FAR (False Accept Rate) when they are flattened from 3D to 2D. Apple’s 3D Face ID uses a special hardware sensor that unlocks a specific phone, but cannot be used on any other devices.
|Axes||X,Y||X,Y,Z||X,Y + Time|
|Vendors||Aware, BioID, Daon, FacePhi, Idemia, iProov, etc.||Apple Face ID, Google Pixel 4||FaceTec|
|Purpose||Face Verification||Unlock Mobile Phones||3D Face Authentication|
|Installed Base||10+ Billion Smart Devices (Android - 85% + iOS -14% & Webcams)||< 10% of in use iOS devices have Face ID, Pixel 4 will be < 1% of the market.||10+ Billion Smart Devices (Android - 85% + iOS -14% & Webcams)|
|Portable Biometric||Varies||None, re-enroll on each device||Cross-Device & Cross-Platform|
|Technology||Legacy 2D Algorithms||Hardware: Infrared Camera Array & Neural Network Chip||Software: Real-time Computer Vision + 100% proprietary AI|
|Interface||Varies||Glance to unlock phone||3D Video Selfie: ~2 Seconds|
|Racial Bias||Almost all 2D Algos have significant racial bias||None-Reported||None exhibited in the Lab or Real World usage|
|SDK Info||Varies||No SDK possible, special hardware required||Device SDKs for Android/iOS, web & Server SDK|
|Liveness Method||Challenge/Response, Blink, Smile, Turn Head or Flashing Lights, etc.||Infrared dots + neural network chip determine if user is 3D||Measures 3D Depth, skin texture, eye reflections, etc.|
|Liveness Strength||Fairly Weak||Fairly Strong||Strong|
|3D Depth Detection||Weak||Strong||Strong|
|Intellectual Property||Legacy 2D Algos are too old for meaningful patents||20+ infrared related patents acquired in 2013||4 US Patents on 3D process issued, +10 pending globally|
|FAR/FRR||Varies, but 1/<75,000 at real world usable FRRs||1/1M - No FRR stated||1/4,200,000 FAR @ < 1% FRR|
|Identical Twin Differentiation||Very Weak||“If you have a Twin, use a PIN.”||High 1:1 FAR provides Best Possible Twin Differentiation|
|Liveness Testing Certifications||No 3rd Party Certs||No 3rd Party Certs||Certified Level 1 & 2 Spoof Detection by iBeta/NIST - Liveness.com|
|Age Estimation||2D = poor Age Estimates||Not Available||"Better than Human" Face-Only Anonymous Age Estimation|
|Match to Photo ID||Low-detail & problems with aged photos = low match rates||Not Available||Provides up to 1/500,000 Match Levels with 3D-2D Matching|
|Password Replacement?||Not secure enough, FAR too low.||No, only used for convenience||Yes, universal, highly secure & convenient|
|Spoof Bounty Programs?||No, they are all talk.||No, no motivation.||Yes, $100,000 SpoofBounty.com|
Clients & Partners
FaceTec is proud to highlight some of the organizations providing our class-leading biometric security.
- Supports iOS 8.3+ & Android 4.3+ devices & webcams
- Available in 30+ languages, easy to customize
- Portable, cross-device, cross-platform 3D face matching
- Unrivaled Liveness Detection, Certified PAD Levels 1&2
- False Acceptance Rate (FAR): 1/4,200,000 @ <1% FRR
- Encrypted FaceMap storage on managed/private cloud
- Lightweight & easy-to-integrate SDKs
- Start fast with our straightforward RESTful API
- Anonymous faceCAPTCHA or Match to Photo ID
- Codebase Tested by Praetorian Security
View the FaceTec – SDK Configuration Options
Available for organizations of all sizes – See Pricing
Ready to get started for FREE?
FaceTec is available to organizations of all sizes. However, customers must host the FaceTec Server SDK on their cloud/server and are billed monthly, based on usage.
FaceTec Testing API is Free for:
- Organizations to test internally
- Small proof-of-concepts (POCs)
FaceTec Sessions are Billed Per User or Per Session for:
- Large & small businesses
- Enterprise accounts
- Government agencies
September 10, 2020
A new social media startup has opted for FaceTec‘s biometric 3D face authentication technology to make sure that its...READ MORE
Founded in 2013, FaceTec is the world leader in 3D Face Authentication software with offices in San Diego, CA, Summerlin, NV, and with partners globally.