#1 IN THE WORLD
Can a Simple Selfie Really Provide Security?
Typically they can’t because 2D photos of most people are already all over the Internet. But FaceTec isn’t just a “selfie”; it’s a 3D FaceScan that enables a strong Liveness Check and contains a 3D FaceMap, which IS NOT publicly available online. FaceTec ensures the user is physically present and isn’t fooled by photos, masks, or deepfakes.
FaceTec’s Liveness Detection AI must observe so many concurrent human traits that spoof artifacts are unable to recreate them all at once. FaceTec’s 3D Face Matching then compares to the user’s previously-stored 3D FaceMap, and if the two 3D FaceMaps highly match (1/12.8M+ FAR), the verified user is granted access.
Skeptical? Good, you should be! Try our $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program for yourself.
FaceTec’s Encrypted 3D FaceScans & FaceMaps:
- Can’t Be Phished From Users
- Aren’t a Biometric Honeypot
- Stop Credential Sharing
- Stop Botnet Attacks
- 1:1 Match at 1/12.8M FAR
- 1:N De-duplicate up to 1/128M FAR
- Match 2D Photos up to 1/950,000 FAR
- Provide Anonymous Age Checks
Want To Learn More?
No Real-Time Liveness Data = No Honeypot Risk
Two types of data are required for every face authentication: 3D Face Data for matching, and real-time 3D Liveness Data to prove the Face Data was collected from a live, present person. 3D Liveness Data must be timestamped, is valid only for a few minutes, and then can be deleted. New 3D Liveness Data must be collected for every subsequent FaceTec login.
Storing 3D FaceMaps doesn’t create honeypot risk because they are “Face Data” without any Liveness Data, so they cannot be used to spoof FaceTec’s 3D Liveness AI. Think of the stored 3D FaceMap as the Lock, the user’s newly collected 3D FaceMap as a One-Time-Use Key, and the new 3D Liveness Data as proof that the Key has never been used in the lock before.
HOW FaceTec WORKS
During the user session, the camera’s view of the 3D face changes, observing perspective distortion and proving it is 3D. In only two seconds, FaceTec’s Device SDK processes 100+ video frames and reverse engineers a 3D FaceMap from any .3MP+ 2D camera.
Certified Liveness Detection
Over the last seven years, we dove more deeply into anti-spoofing than anyone – ever. We have performed hundreds-of-millions of spoof attempts with every conceivable type of media and learned how to stop them. Learn more: www.Liveness.com
Attack Vectors include:
- 2D paper photos & digital images
- High resolution videos
- Paper masks with eye & mouth cutouts
- Hollywood masks, wax figures & lifelike dolls
- Photos or video frames animated into avatars
- Video projections on 3D heads
- Sleeping users with closed eyes
- Device Emulators & Virtual Camera programs
- Impostors, lookalikes & doppelgangers
- Hardware Video Injection adapters
Operating a Spoof Bounty Program since October, 2019, and passing NIST/NVLAP Lab Level 1 & 2 PAD testing with 0% FAR is proof that FaceTec is an unsharable, unphishable modality that is virtually impossible to fool using today’s media technology.
Biometric Best Practices
- Demand 3D Liveness Detection backed by a Spoof/Bypass Bounty Program. Without it, you cannot trust unsupervised users and will be put at risk by “Suprema” type biometric data breaches. With strong 3D Liveness & 3D Matching, the data breaches of others can’t be leveraged against your users. Whitepaper
- Delete Liveness Data after each login and collect new Liveness Data for every new session. This prevents biometric honeypots and allows for safe, centralized biometric storage. See www.Liveness.com
- Centralized 3D FaceMap storage with server-side 3D neural networks is the only way to truly replace passwords, enable cross-platform logins, simplify device upgrades, and allow multiple devices and users.
- Only true 3D Algorithms that measure the shape of the user’s face can be unbiased to skin tone. FaceTec trained it’s 3D Algorithms with the help of over half-a-million volunteer testers from 170+ countries.
- Get the Acuity Research Report: Face Verification & Liveness Synonymous with Remote Onboarding