#1 IN THE WORLD
Can a Simple Selfie Really Provide Security?
Obviously, selfies are easy to take. But the real question is, can they provide effective access security? Typically they can’t. But FaceTec’s patented process isn’t just a selfie; it’s a 3D FaceScan with a Certified Liveness Check and a 3D FaceMap to ensure the user is physically present, preventing masks, dolls, photos, or video deepfakes from fooling the system.
The Liveness Detection algorithms must observe so many concurrent human traits that spoof artifacts are unable to recreate them all at once. FaceTec’s 3D Face Matching then compares the user to their previously-enrolled 3D FaceMap, and if the two FaceMaps highly match (1/12.8M+ FAR), the verified user is granted access.
Skeptical? $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program
FaceTec’s Encrypted 3D FaceScans & FaceMaps:
- Can’t Be Phished From Users
- Aren’t a Biometric Honeypot
- Stop Credential Sharing
- Stop Botnet Attacks
- 1:1 Matching at 1/12.8M FAR
- 1:N De-duplication at 1/128M FAR
- Match 1/500,000 FAR to a Photo ID
- Provide Anonymous Age Checks
Want To Learn More?
No Recent Liveness Data = No Honeypot Risk
Two types of data are required for every face authentication: Face Data for matching, and Liveness Data to prove the Face Data was collected from a live, present person. Liveness Data must be timestamped, be valid only for a few minutes, and then deleted. New Liveness Data must be collected for every subsequent authentication attempt.
Face photos are just “face data” without any corresponding Liveness Data, so they cannot be used to spoof Certified Liveness Detection. Consequently, storing photos does not create honeypot risk. Think of the stored Face Data as the lock, the User’s newly collected Face Data as a One-Time-Use key, and the Liveness Data as proof that key has never been used in the lock before.
HOW FaceTec WORKS
During the user session, the camera’s view of the 3D face changes, observing perspective distortion and proving it is 3D. In under two seconds, FaceTec’s Device SDK processes 100+ video frames and reverse engineers a 3D FaceMap from the standard 2D camera.
Certified Liveness Detection
Over the last five years, we dove more deeply into anti-spoofing than anyone – ever. We have performed hundreds-of-millions of spoof attempts with every conceivable type of media and learned how to stop them. Learn more: www.Liveness.com
Attack Vectors include:
- 2D paper photos & digital images
- High resolution videos
- Image swap-in after liveness check
- Paper masks with eye & mouth cutouts
- Hollywood masks, wax figures & lifelike dolls
- Photos or video frames animated into avatars
- Video projections on 3D heads
- Sleeping users with closed eyes
- Impostors, lookalikes & doppelgangers
Operating a $100,000 Spoof Bounty Program and passing NIST/NVLAP Lab Level 1 & 2 PAD testing with 0% FAR is proof that FaceTec is an unsharable, unphishable biometric that is virtually impossible for criminals to fool using today’s media technology.
Biometric Best Practices
- Demand Certified 3D Liveness Detection. Without it, you cannot trust unsupervised authentications and will be put at risk by “Suprema” type biometric data breaches. With Certified Liveness, data breaches can’t be leveraged against your users. Whitepaper
- Delete Liveness Data after each login and collect new Liveness Data for every new session. This prevents biometric honeypots and allows for safe, centralized biometric storage. See www.Liveness.com
- Centralized Biometric storage with server-side 3D Face Matching is the only way to truly replace passwords, enable cross-platform logins, simplify device upgrades, and allow multiple devices and users.
- Only true 3D Algorithms can be unbiased to skin tone. And to prove that, FaceTec trained it’s 3D Algorithms with the help of over half-a-million volunteer testers from 170+ countries.
- Get the Forrester Report: The State Of Facial Recognition For Authentication And Verification